Questions Sudarshan Kriya Practitioners Should Ask Themselves
In the year 1999 – 2000, the Master had declared that by the time he turns 80, every house will have a picture of His. The whole world would have done the AOL course but only a small segment of the world population would not practice SK (despite having done the course), for religious reasons.
We were made to believe that those who did SK would be liberated and those who didn’t would be doomed. “We have waited for many, many lifetimes to be with Guruji and receive SK”, we were told by teachers.
I am not sure about many, many lifetimes but I’m sure that after many, many years of SK practice, I know which section of the population is doomed.
It is really unfortunate that some of us were manipulated by AOL.
If there are any new / old AOLites practicing SK, reading this blog, then here are some questions that you need to ask yourselves & the appropriate authorities.
- Is this technique working for me?
How do I feel at the different levels of my existence i.e Body, mind, memory etc..after doing sadhana?
You may remind yourself that : It may have worked for someone but that is their experience, not mine. I have to respect my experience.
- Am I experiencing any benefits from this technique NOW?
When you are on the path of truth you don’t need to wait for a decade or more to experience the benefits.
- Do the teachers who teach the technique practice it themselves? If not, why not?
- Is this technique Harming anyone? If it is, then its definitely not universal as its touted to be.
- Do you understand the technique so that you practice it correctly?
- Do the Master and the organisation allow you to discuss the technique / Problems related to the technique in an open forum and answer the questions directly, taking ownership for what they?
- If the technique IS Working for You and Not for Others, why is it not working for them, especially if its done under a teachers supervision?
- How long might it take before the good feeling fades away and You start feeling the negative effects? If you have been practicing SK for some years, then are you alert and aware of how the technique is working on you NOW or are the initial good experiences propelling you to continue the practice?
- Look at the list of benefits that AOL propagates will come with SK practice. And, check -
How many benefits you are experiencing and how many you are not. For those benefits that your not experiencing, lets say, Good memory, ASK the GURU / SR teachers in an open forum as to why SK is not helping you with your memory. Open forum, so that the answer benefits all.
And, Lets understand, IF the medical reports say that you are fine, then you don’t need any medication to improve your memory be it allopathic OR AYURVEDIC. Why is SK not helping then? After all, AOL says that SK will help improve your memory, right? not to mention that with SK there won’t be any need for hospitals!
- Always check how you felt before SK and how you feel now, after practicing SK and being in AOL. After 1yr, after 2yrs, 3yrs and so on. Do the realty check for as long as you continue there.
- If SK works differently on different people, depending on their karmas,
Then How can the long kriya / RS’ rhythm be the same for all the different people? Breath is a common tool for all , nature of the mind and feelings are the same, agreed. However, each person’s body-mind complex is so different based on their karmas?.
We think and feel differently about different things. We look different and have unique finger prints. So, My rhythm is unique to me based on my body-mind complex. Its for me to observe and find out.
OR Does this mean that AOL insinuates that RS is Enlightened and hence can give the Whole World One Liberating Rhythm?
Even if RS was enlightened, how can our rhythms be the same when there are varieties even in enlightenment? (as I vaguely remember Him saying.)
And if long kriya was to take us back to the source, why should it be so tiring to breathe in that rhythm? (at least it was until the SK tape was revised). Was the tape revised because / after he acquired all the 16 gunas ? (something that RS shared with the chosen few about 4yrs ago when he, as claimed by himself, had JUST acquired complete enlightenment with 16 gunas.)
If its all about 99% grace and 1% technique, then there should be no negative side effects.
The Sr.teachers, of all the people, should have been practicing the technique with the benefits reflecting in their behavior and health. The Guru should acknowledge his devotees’ questions about the technique and explain how 99% grace cannot let any harm happen to them.
If you are a sadhak doing sadhana or a sevak who enjoys seva, please understand that Spirituality, charity, service etc starts with you and then extends gradually to your family, friends, city, country and the world. So, please dont ignore yourself thinking about the world. You, who are a very tiny part of the world are still very important to yourself, your loved ones and also to the world!
So, what’s important is – How peaceful you feel within yourself and How compassionate you are towards others. And, that’s where the WORLD PEACE begins – From You.
Good Luck to All.