YOGA RAVE MANUAL 2010
Latest AOL trick in alluring young people
YOGA RAVE MANUAL 2010
The party has 3 main goals:
– Let new people know more about Art of Living and Guruji and enroll them for courses
– Provide an alternative space for recreation and fun for everyone.
– Create a social trend for a happy healthy youth
The name of Yoga Rave party is going to be used for parties organized by AOL which include:
– Live electronic music with AOL Bhajans
– Meditations guided by Guruji
– Sri Sri Yoga -Alcohol, and drug free environment
-Introductory talk given by AOL teacher
The party is targeted at the youth who are looking for an energetic alternative to parting who have already taken the AOL course or will take it in the future, but people of all ages are encouraged and welcome to participate.
• LOCAL ORGANIZERS AND INTERNAT IONAL YOGA RAVE BOARD
The party can be organized by any group volunteers with the approval of the local AOL Board. Also as part of the social projects of the YES!+ Course. The party local organizer should contact Rodrigo Bustos from INTERNATIONAL YOGA RAVE BOARD , IYRB ( firstname.lastname@example.org ,) to receive further guidance before the organization of the event and to give all the info about your party so that it can be posted in the international Yoga Rave Web Page. The name Yoga Rave (YR) is registered and copyrighted by the name of the Art of Living Foundation in Argentina.
• STRUCT URE: Party is a maximum of four hour event -Welcoming of people with music (please put all down all personal information of participants so that they can be contacted in future for the courses, you can do a rifle with the filled in forms)
– The host of the party (somebody with high energy please) introduces the party and its rules: no alcohol, no smoking and be 100%, max 10 minutes. At the end he or she introduces the Yoga Teacher.
– Yoga Teacher conducts a sequence of yoga of max 20 minutes, do yoga to lively and energetic music pieces
– Brief intro to meditation (two min), people sit on the floor and play Guruji`s guided Meditation (20 min).
-Live performance of electronic music based on Bhajan tunes and lyrics (please get in contact with IYRB to get the material and guidance about this), maximum of 2 hours. In the middle of the live performance musicians leave the stage for yoga teacher to guide brief sequence of asanas to the music (10 min) ending in Standing Yoga Nidra (participants close their eyes, and listen to guided yoga nidra standing) in the background you may play soft music. Then The live performance continues. -Guided Meditation (15 min)
-Participants sit down and listen to intro talk given by AOL Teacher NOTE: each step should smoothly flow into the other, the get to know more aboout this, ask IYRB for instructive video.
• VENUE and EQUIPMENT:
To make the party is necessary to find a proper venue:
– Venue should be clean free of smell of tabacco
– All legal local permits should be there.
– Stage: minimum 3 x 6m, with a height of not less than 50cm.
– Bar service with a choice of natural non-alcoholic drinks. IYRB can provide you with a menu with natural drinks with full details of ingredients and amounts.
– Sound system. 3 alternative raiders according to number of participants and size of venue (up to 500 people, 500 to 1000, 1000- 2000).
– Display / s audiovisual projection for videos developed for the Yoga Rave), and institutional video presentation
– A dressing room for artists and personal belongings
– A stand to display promotional material AOL courses and social work, centralise enrollment
– Banners, merchandising, institutional and brochures of upcoming courses and enrollment cards for the next participants.
– Teams of volunteers to do seva (welcome participants, help on the bar, do up the place, dance a lot, remember dancing and happiness are contagious!!!)
You should plan your party in advance so that it can get as much media coverage as possible, IYRVB can provide you with video spots, audio spots for the radio, presentation letters for local authorities and heads of universities and schools to support the event, flyers, posters, banners, etc… When promoting the party for the young audiences emphasis should be made in dynamism, breaking barriers, giving your 100%, having a strong beautiful experience of connection. When promoting it to local authorities, heads of educational institutions emphasis should be made on the fact that the party is free of alcohol and drugs.
Many companies and institution would be interested in promoting the Yoga Rave party for the youth, as it provides a healthy alternative to have fun, dance and bring awareness. You should think big and aim at large companies but also include local sponsor from smaller ones who would like to contribute.
For on event of 500 people, pint 5000 flyers and 200 posters (21.59 cm x 27.94 cm). Distribute flyers and fix posters in target places: schools, colleges, clubs, discos, hostels, yoga centers, restaurants, etc. Optional: Street Posters.
Go to all local radio programs, tv programas, youth and general info magazines, local newspapers and web sites at least one month in advance. Use all the forma press release material provided by YRIB. Use social networks such as facebook, twitter, etc… Invite media representatives and celebrities to the event.
ECONOMIC ADMINIST RATION
A previously arranged percent of the net profit (after paying all the expenses) should go to the musicians. The rest of the money can be kept for future Yoga Rave projects and social AOL work. It is a good idea that each party can help finance a Breath Water Sound, Prison Smart or any other social work project course to be held the week of the party.
THE YOGA RAVE INT ERNATIONAL BOARD CAN PROVIDE LOCAL ORGANIZERS WITH:
all printed material for promotion Graphics, photos of previous parties for the press, video spots for the press and local AOL webpage, recipes for wide variety of non-alcoholic drinks, know-how and many tips to organize your party.
ABOUT SO WHAT PROJECT
So What Project ! is an electronic duo playing mantras all around the world formed by Rodrigo Bustos , Nicolas Pucci and volunteer instructors form Art of Living Foundation . T he band was conceived in 2007 with the idea of Yoga Rave, with the aim of music in the first parties. From 2009, w ith the release of their first album Smile, SWP becomes a benchmark for Yoga Rave and a representative of Guruji and The Art of Living foundation . For spread read Guruji to the world and bring more and more people to Art of living programs .
JAI GURU DEV !