Let The Freedom Of Speech Roll
It sadly is too obvious SriSri/AoL are seriously worried with “bad press”. They have people policing the net for criticism, they have volunteers manipulating wikipidea to eliminate – almost daily – any negative comment about the AoL, they keep inventing attempts in the form of blogs to undermine blogs created by former members, SriSri himself states in a BBC interview that AoL is not a cult, making the obvious too obvious (in applying his own knowledge, “A fool is the one who thinks he is not a fool”, thus …), he threatens journalists in India for defamation, he/they threaten Klim for the other blog, and now, they are trying to eliminate the two blogs from the net through illegal means, and send this written letter – a loud proof of what and who AoL/SriSri are really about: a diplomatic threat entitled “Infringement of our Copyright and other rights.”
I believe no comments are further necessary. It speaks on its own. I could wrap it with a simple, “I rest my case.” But, just for the purpose of “let the freedom of speech roll!”, I hereby offer the first comments, inviting you all to hereafter exercise your first amendment.
- It is not true all teachers are trained to facilitate the Kriya. I have myself seen horrendous mistakes done by teachers while facilitating kriya and when informed to RS, he disregarded with a “does not matter. Just bring more people. Keep teaching.” They are now suddenly “worried”. Interesting.
- Most people, if not all receive, a tape after TTC, whether they are ready or not to become teachers. In fact, many take the TTC only after 3 months of having done the first basic course, and some others have even become teachers in 3 weeks of TTC1 and 2 altogether! After such a short training, most are encouraged to teach alone, even if only having assisted a few courses. There is no secret behind the Kriya nor its notes nor how to facilitate or practice it. It is all part of the show. It sounds nice to say that every teacher undergoes proper training, one that is abusive and focuses on guru-worshipping. It is more accurate to say TTC participants undergo trance induction, brain-washing and sleep deprivation.
- When receiving the SK notes (that are dictated while most resist the urge to fall asleep), noone is made to sign a letter of confidentiality. Orally one is told these notes are “sacred”, and never that they have copyrights (!). Legally, noone signs any legal document (though maybe they will start doing so hereafter).
- This statement is alarming: “We put you to notice that any misuse of the Notes by you or any visitor on your Blog could cause serious harm/injury to others in the event any attempt is made to teach the SK. You will be held personally responsible for any such injury.” Is AoL finally confirming that SK is a technique that can cause harm or is AoL worried about losing clients? I believe it is not necessary to say that noone visiting this blog holds any high regards for the SK and know about its detrimental side-effects (that the AoL does not claim responsibility for). Needless to mention, none of the studies AoL claim on the SK are proper nor complete nor truly scientific. Noone can really do kriya on their own with just these notes, and these notes do not provide any real information as to how to practice it.
- The choice of the words “injury and harm” worry me because it sounds like an expression of their “second conversation” and what they are capable of doing to those who do not agree with them.
- Have you noticed? They are quick in blaming and pointing others but never in taking responsibility for their own mistakes. Again, victories are his, failures are ours. Someone else steals, they never do (!), even if we know all his knowledge and techniques were “borrowed” from other sources.
- If something goes wrong with SK it is now the bloggers’ fault? Not the Grace of the Master? Come on. Accountability is something the AoL/RS lack in every aspect. What about all the people who have gone bad attending AoL courses and techniques? Why not just call it what it is? AoL/Sri Sri are afraid of losing power, fame, money, a better seat in Heaven. A truly spiritual person would not worry at all about criticism. A wise person would just let it be because they’d trust they are above it all, or that truth in itself speaks louder. Working too hard to cover everything shows their fear, weaknesses and true façade.
- Hand over all copies of SK to us and your name and residential address? No further comments. Maybe they want to invite us all for tea to talk about good ol’times?
- They reserve rights to sue us at our cost and consequences? It seems everything in AoL is always at someone else’s expense. Funny if you think about it.
- Freedom of speech is not defamation and not agreeing that AoL and Sri Sri are holy and the best do not come from malicious intent. You may like apples and we prefer watermelons. We swear it is not on purpose. It is what it is. Please do not see intention?
- When other don’t agree with “the beautiful experiences with AoL” they call that malicious, but when they fabricate, spread lies and defame their former members/teachers/other organizations and gurus … those are sweet words of blessings? Hmm … too complex to understand.
The way the AoL/RS plan to manipulate sources of information, people’s freedom of speech through intimidation and threat is a serious invasion of everyone’s freedom of speech and basic rights of democracy. Just as a body free of disease, a mind free of stress and a breath free of quiver are basic human rights, as per the words of RS, so are freedom of opinion, freedom of speech and democracy.
This letter, their activities on wikipedia and their attempt to illegally eliminate the blogs from the net only further convince us of the dangers of AoL as a cult of fanatics and totalitarian practice. Where did all that unconditional love suddenly go? The “accept people as they are”, the “don’t see intentions behind people’s mistakes, the “don’t be a football of people’s opinions”, the “faith”?
Long live freedom of speech!