Why I left Art of Living
OK. I was the anonymous who wrote about the Titan offer text msg. Now I have a name – meditator.
To all who are pro AOL I have nothing against them. We all should have our view point. My points
1) I got associated with AOL about 3 years back. Have done only the basic and one advanced course. I have done seva, attended satsangs and volunteered to help out in the organising of the basic course. Was also instrumental in organising one “Nav Chetna Shivir” which in India is a free camp conducted for the poor. I would say that this was what made me rethink and move out of AOL. This camp for the poor has nothing in it. No SK nothing. Just taking the neme of Ram, some pep talks and it’s over. Upon my questioning the teacher the answer was that Guruji says that these poor people are so simple that just taking Ram’s name is enough for them and that they do not require SK which is meant for people who lead stressed lives (read who have money).
2) Is AOL the only organization that offers spirituality. I have since moved on to YSS and though the masters are no longer in human form I have had much better experiences. The course fee for three years is less than half of the basic course of AOL. I do not get everyday SMS’s begging for money or asking me to enrol friends and relatives. The course is structured and does not change with the type of people (ie poor, rich, criminals, politicians etc). Like a true spiritual organisation they believe that all human beings are equal. I think Guruji also “SAYS” the same.
3) I had purchased the full set of Ashtavakra Gita at astronomical price and have watched it once. Harshal, being a ardent devotee of AOL I’m sure you must have watched it multiple times. If not please do so. In one of the DVD (I forget which one) SSRS himself says that SK is crap. If no one believes, I am willing to watch it again and post those excerpts on you tube. It may however take some time.
4) One of the Yes+ teachers who has been associated with SSRS for quite some time was travelling with SSRS in a London tube. There was a Britisher seated opposite to them reading a management book. Your SSRS told this YES+ teacher that can there be a better management teacher than him who can take money from people just teaching them how to breathe.
5) Guruji had once asked the Basic course teachers to vote for BJP. Now why would a spiritual guru be interesetd in politics?
6) Dinesh and Bawa as per me are arrogance personified. I had many a times written on their (now defunct) blog but they did not have the guts to publish it. What is a spiritual leader afraid of?
7) The blessings given by the AOL fraternity – has it ever worked on anyone. It never did on me, my wife or many others who have attended the course. For the blessings course teachers of AOL – please for heavens sake get out of it. Guruji will not come out through you to bless your subjects. If you are really interested in healing people – read some books or join a course on Reiki. Indian scriptures are full of such so called non-conventional healing techniques.
The PLR (past life regression) session conducted by AOL is another farce. I tried it out twice and it never worked. It maybe that I was not receptive enough, but I really did not like the method in which it was carried out (and I shelled out Rs 1500 for each session). What crap. BTW just for the ardent AOL supporters – I have read all books by Dr Brian Weiss and loads of other books on PLR and have successfully conducted three PLR’s on my wife. For the first two PLR’s both of us thought that she was perhaps imagining things, but the third one in which she went to a life in Spain in a city called Gaba had so many historical facts that we are 200% confident that it had worked. My wife or me do not know anything (or rather did not at that time) about Spanish history. Incidentally, my current daughter was my wife’s daugher in that life and I was her daughter’s husband. All I want to say is that AOL is not the only place offering spirituality. Please let the people decide for their own what is best for them. What’s the point in getting agitated. After all the whole purpose of meditation is to take one to the center and to love everone unconditionally. The more I interact with AOLites the more I feel that they do not practice what they preach.
9) Anyone of you heard about the Light of Life Institute? If not just google on it. It’s doctor has been on national geographic channel as well and I have had the privilege of meeting him. Incidentally his guru was the same as SSRS – yes sir I’m talking about Maharishi. Now do not ask me any further details on this.
10) To all the ardent AOL fans – It might me worthwhile reading the following
* Autobiograpgy of a yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda
* My experiments with truth by MK Gandhi.
* Living with the Himalayan masters by Swami Rama
* Books by Jeddu Krishnamurthy
* The Spirit World by Khorshed Bhavnagri (copyright Shiamak Davar)
May better sense prevail on all.
One more point
AOL is the only organization which has patented it’s breathing techniques. However google and you will find the long SK all over the net. In YSS, all I was supposed to do was sign a pledge that I will not share the course material with anyone and even my wife has not seen the course material. There is something called honesty on the spiritual path. If there is no honesty there can be no spirituality. Show me one place on the net which gives out the techniques of Kriya Yoga on the net. Spirituality means trust, faith, honesty. By patenting a technique one shows that there is no trust and faith and that it’s purely for commercial purpose.
Just my view point.